EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) - Privacy Statement
In this policy:
- User is a natural or legal person using NORDIC LIBRARY website and services
- GDPR means Regulation (EU) 2016/679 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation).
- Personal data, Processor and Controller will each have the meaning given to them in Article 4 of the GDPR.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. For THE NORDIC LIBRARY the protection not only of personal but of all data that flows through our systems is the top priority. As part of this effort, we process personal data in accordance with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), and in accordance with the data protection regulations applicable to THE NORDIC LIBRARY.
Information we collect
We collect information in two ways:
- Usage information: When you visit our website or use our service, we automatically record information from your web browser which helps us improve the utility value of our site and manage the provision of our services. This may include your IP address, browser type, the web page visited before you came to our website, information you search for on our website, locale preferences or history of access to our website and statistics of traffic.
We are committed to doing our very best to protect your data and keep it confidential. We employ advanced security practices to keep your data safe and secure:
- The connection between THE NORDIC LIBRARY and your browser is always encrypted (HTTPS).
- Every connection between THE NORDIC LIBRARY and a third party service is established in the most secure way that is supported by the given service. In some cases (e.g. Abekt, databases, etc.) you have the option to set the security level manually.
- We use persistent IP addresses so that you can limit access or make tunnels.
- For your protection, we do not support outdated browsers. The latest browsers are more secure and ensure the highest security standards.
We do not sell, rent, or otherwise disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing and advertising purposes without your consent.
We may disclose:
You may disable cookies within your browser to block this tracking by Google, understanding that doing so may affect your ability to use the full functionality of THE NORDIC LIBRARY. For certain browsers, you can also prevent Google from collecting information (including your IP address) via cookies and processing this information by downloading and installing certain browser plug-ins.