Archaeology, History & Classical Studies
Dyabola, L'Année Philologique, TLG, JSTOR, Oxford Handbooks Online, Wiley Online Library, Loeb: See the list to the right Access from the Library's premises
- Lexicon Iconographicum Mythologiae Classicae (LIMC) - The French team of the International Foundation for the LIMC gives you access to the databases that have been developed around ancient iconography
- Corpus Vasorum Antiquorum - The oldest research project of the Union Académique Internationale has published more than 300 volumes since 1923. Museums in 26 countries participate in this ongoing project
- Nestor - international bibliography of Aegean studies, Homeric society, Indo-European linguistics, and related fields. Bibliographic entries from previous print editions of Nestor (1959-2006) are searchable from this website.
- The British Library has digitised over a quarter of its Greek manuscripts (284 volumes) for the first time and made them freely available online at www.bl.uk/manuscripts thanks to a generous grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
- Archaeology in Greece Online - AGOnline / Chronique des fouilles en ligne provides the latest information about current archaeological fieldwork in Greece and Cyprus.
- Library of Congress Greek and Latin Classics Internet Resources - With links to resources for Classics and certain related disciplines (Medieval Studies, Renaissance Studies, Patristics, etc.)
- Classics Archive - A searchable collection of 440 classical Greek and Latin texts, as well as select Chinese, Persian, and other classical works (all in English translation) by 50 different authors.
- The Greek Inscriptions are searchable on the Internet (free access):
Searchable Greek Inscriptions. A Scholarly Tool in Progress
- Perseus - An evolving digital Library on Ancient Greece. It contains a vast array of information including texts, lexicons, images and maps
- Gnomon - On-line bibliography of resources relating to the classical world. It provides several search tools
- KIRKE - Katalog der Internet Ressourcen für die Klassische Philologie aus Erlangen.
It is an extensive index of sites relating to the classical periods of Greece and Rome.
- The American Numismatic Society - 'Numismatic Literature', the Society's annotated bibliography of published work in all fields of numismatics, is currently being converted to a totally on-line searchable format. The site includes links to Numismatic Resources on the Internet
- AATA Online - a comprehensive database of over 100.000 abstracts of literature related to the preservation and conservation of material cultural heritage
- Institute of Historical Research (IHR) - provides resources for historians. These resources include online articles, free event advertising, MA/PhD study, training courses, an open-access library and more.
- The International Network for Theory of History (INTH) was established in 2012. Its aim is to foster collaboration and the exchange of ideas among theorists of history.
- Museums around the world - an eclectic collection of World Wide Web services connected with museums around the world.
- Free databases and electronic resources - (as gathered by URBS in Rome)
- Intute - Free online service providing access to web resources for education and research
- Dissertationes Archaeologicae ex Instituto Archaeologico Universitatis de Rolando Eötvös Nominatae
- The Ancient Theatre Archive - A virtual reality tour of Greek and Roman theatre architecture
- Arachne is the central Object database of the German Archaeological Institute (DAI) and the Archaeological Institute of the University of Cologne, Arachne is intended to provide archaeologists and Classicists with a free internet research tool for quickly searching hundreds of thousands of records on objects and their attributes
- The Beazley Archive which includes the world's largest collection of images of ancient figure-decorated pottery
- On the website of the research project The Silver Coinage of the Kings of Cyprus: Numismatics and History in the Archaic and Classical Periods (6th to 4th centuries BC) (SilCoinCy), you will discover everything you want to know about ancient Cypriote history, archaeology and numismatics
- OAPEN. online library and publication platform contains freely accessible academic books, mainly in the area of humanities and social sciences. OAPEN works with publishers to build a quality controlled collection of open access books, and provides services for publishers, libraries and research funders in the areas of deposit, quality assurance, dissemination, and digital preservation.
OAPEN operates two platforms, the OAPEN Library (www.oapen.org/), a central repository for hosting and disseminating OA books, and the Directory of Open Access Books (DOAB, www.doabooks.org/), a discovery service for OA books.
- ToposText is an indexed collection of ancient texts and mapped places relevant the the history and mythology of the ancient Greeks from the Neolithic period up through the 2nd century CE. A huge library of ancient texts married to a detailed gazetteer, available on the web site and as a free mobile application for iOS and Android.
- DĀMOS Database of Mycenaean at Oslo, aims at being an annotated electronic corpus of all the published Mycenaean texts, the earliest (ca. XV-XII B.C.) written evidence of the Greek language, comprised of inscriptions in the Linear B syllabic script.